Thursday, April 01, 2010

Yummy Creamy Mushroom Peas

Yesterday I had a yummy main course planned for dinner and I was trying to come up with worthy sides. I didn't quite make it to the store like I had planned and I was basically out of fresh vegetables, besides the ones we'd had the night before. At this point, I usually resort to the can, but yesterday I realized I was sick of non-appealing vegetable dishes that you eat purely out of guilt! I wanted something yummy! (And something I already had all the ingredients for.) So I went to allrecipes.com and this is what I found. Yum! Here's the link if you want...

Creamy Mushroom Peas Recipe

Creamy Mushroom Peas

Ingredients

  • 2 cups frozen green peas
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1 small chopped onion
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup light cream
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 pinch ground nutmeg

Directions

  1. Fill a small saucepan with one inch of water. Bring to a boil, add peas, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
  2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions, and cook for a few minutes, or until tender. Sprinkle flour over the mushrooms, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in cream, and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook, stirring until smooth and thick. Stir in peas, and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments: