Saturday, September 16, 2006

Ain't It Funny How Time Slips Away

Well hello there
My, it's been a long, long time
How you doin'? How am I doing?
Well, I guess that I'm doing fine
It's been so long now, but it seems like it was only yesterday
Gee, ain't it funny, how time slips away

I realize that none of the Phoenix Fosters have blogged in quite some time, but we're still alive and kickin', so here's what's been going on with us:

After we left all of you fine folks in Denver, Jeff did his surgery rotation in Tucson, at the Tucson Medical Center. He's not too keen on surgery, but we enjoyed spending more time with the Rustands. We also went to Iron Springs that month. Here are a couple pics:

This is Cal at the Rustand's guest house. More and more of our pictures are looking like this. Once Cal realizes someone is taking a picture of him he tries to obtain possession of the camera. Anyway, one cute dude. Below is Cal playing with Grandma at the cabin in Iron Springs.
Poor Jeff...All those mornings of waking up at 4:30 AM caught up with him. Oh well--what better place to relax than Iron Springs? Below is Connor and Cal.


Now we're back home. It's been nice to be functioning out of our apartment again. Jeff's rotating with a pediatrician right now, and I'm back in my old string-teaching groove.

And Cal? He has a whopping four teeth, and he signs "more" AND "milk." That's his latest. He's still not real interested in walking, but he climbs up on furniture now, so we have to keep him from falling off. Watch out, Mom and Dad!


7 comments:

Mark said...

Nice pictures, Angie.

In the six (only six?)weeks since our Ranch reunion, so much has happened for every one of us. You wonder how life gets to be so hectic, and when (or if) the treadmill will ever slow down so we can take a break.

Reminds of a song from a movie I once saw: "Life just keeps on coming, but don't go bummin' out yet, at least your not dead." :)

But busy is also good. It just makes you appreciate the brief pauses (like our reunion) all the more. A summer idyll is always more sublime in retrospect . . .

Welcome back, Angie! Keep the posts coming . . .

Danalin said...

Hey there, Ang! So good to hear from you! I was thinking the other day that I would love it if I were to every live in the same town as you and my other sisters-in-law. I am already excited to see you all again in December!

I bet it's nice to be back home, even if it's not for so long. You head to Utah in October or November? Glad to hear from you and to see the amazingly cute Callahan. I can't believe how grown up the little guy is getting! Love ya!

Wendi said...

Angie: great to see you on the blogo again. I love the pics, especially the one of Cal in the bathroom sink.

Jeff: I really do think that Cal's a little young for his first shave, despite the hirsute male Foster genetic tendency! ;-D

Couldn't resist -- anyway, lovely to hear from you both again.

Dad said...

I just read your latest blog. Good advice and wonderful pictures of Cal!!! and Jeff, too. Thanks for sharing some interesting insights about men and women.

Mom the Bomb

Dad said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dad said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dwrichy said...

I think the first picture in this posting of the Calster looking like he has something really profound to say has got to be my favorite!