Friday, April 17, 2009

It's a Girl! (Definitely, No Doubt About It!)

Dear World,

As many of you know, at the end of March we found out we were "probably" having a girl. The doctor told us she was about %80 sure. Well, I just wanted you all to know that we had another ultrasound on Wednesday and it's been confirmed. Little Baby Girl #2! The funny thing is that I didn't really announce to anyone when we knew we were "probably" having a girl... I was holding out that my initial impression that it was a boy might still be right. After all, I was correct in guessing both of my other two kids--doesn't that have to count for something? But it turns out it was just luck! Oh well, I'm totally happy to be wrong, we would be thrilled either way. But on Wednesday I realized that the thing that was weirding me out most about having another girl was that we didn't have a name picked out already. We had a strong boy name, but for a girl--nothing. We picked out names for Cal and Monica pretty early in the game...like, when we were engaged, so not having a name for kid #3 was unsettling. But I'm happy to announce that we now have a couple of front-running names so...everything's going to be alright. ;)

11 comments:

Adam Jensen said...

You are so cute Angie :) I am so excited for your little girlie!

Emily said...

Yay!!!!!
Yay!!!!!
Yay!!!!!
Okay, I'm going to send you those clothes. It will probably bypass things that have been on my to-do list for weeks. But that's because I'm actually excited about it so it's okay.
Then I'll just send (or bring) you the moby a little later.
I'm tellin' ya, our kids are the perfect combo.

Wade, Jenny, and Girls said...

Congrats on the girl! We know all about trouble picking girl names. This last one is the only one we knew before she came what her name would be...and it's only because it's the name we had discussed since we were engaged. :) We just never used it until now! So, what are the front-running names? I'm anxious to hear. :)

Amy said...

Woohoo!! Congratulations!! How was she measuring? Did they change your due date at all?

Again, congrats :) Girls are for sure fun :)

Aubrey said...

Congrats, Angie!

Jodi said...

Having another girl will be so fun! I've loved having Kristen to wear all of Lauren's hand-me-downs and being able to dress them alike for occasions is super fun! Congrats! Hopefully I can see you sometime when we're in Denver for the summer!

Tankfos said...

I am excited for your girl and our girl being best friends. Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Angie, that is SO exciting!!

Mark said...

How about Myrtle? Or Dorcas? So many good girl names to choose from . . .

Congrats! Undoubtedly she'll be a beautiful as Monica . . .

Jordana said...

Yay Angie congrats. I am so exited.

Beckalita said...

I dare you to NOT pick a name until you see that little girl's face. It's so much more spontaneous! JK We only did that once we ran out of names.