Friday, March 05, 2010

A Cool Song by Keane

Over the last few months I've been getting more into this band called Keane. I wanted to share this first song on the playlist because to me it sort of depicts marriage, and specifically the aspect of marriage that is not easy.
I especially love the bridge when it says,
"Lay down your arms and I will lay down mine,
Rip back the time that we've been wasting."
Isn't it true that sometimes we fight over petty things that are SUCH a waste of time! If we could just remember that we're really on the same team. It's just not always easy. So what do you do? You Try Again.
(This is in no way supposed to be interpreted as a complaint against my totally awesome husband...! It's just that these are things that I've learned and felt that have made my relationship with him even more meaningful and sweet.)
Anyway, the lyrics are below. I hope you like it.
(The other songs are good too...)



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

I fell asleep on a late night train
I missed my stop and I went round again
Why would I wanna see you now?
To fix it up, make it up somehow

Baby I'll try again, try again
Baby I die every night, every time

What I was isn't what I am
I'd change back but I don't know if I can

Still I'll try, try again, try again
Baby I die every night, every time

But I was made the way I am
I'm not a stone; I'm just a man
Lay down your arms and I will lay down mine
Rip back the time that we've been wasting

God I wish you could see me now
You'd pick me up and you'd sort me out

Baby I'll try again, try again
Baby I die every night, every time

2 comments:

Adam Jensen said...

i love your taste in music :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! Ever since Rachel Bodell told me about Keane I have wanted to hear them. Thanks for assuaging my curiosity.