Tuesday, May 30, 2006

New Stages


See this kid? He's so delightfully cute and happy--I feel like the luckiest mom in the world (well, at least one of them...) It's so fun to watch him figure out that he can move himself around. He's been able to roll for awhile, but now he's so fast at it. He can also scoot, he can swivel on his belly, and he can hold his body up off the floor on his hands and knees (for a few seconds anyway). When he puts it all together, I have this feeling that there will be no stopping him. Right now, one of the most interesting things to play with is the handle to the drawer in our TV cabinet. He can pull it out several inches. As I sit and watch him, I get excited about this new beginning of exploration. Of course, I also know it's the end... of life as we know it (for Jeff and me...)

6 comments:

Tankfos said...

That is one cute kid. It was a lot of fun being able to see him this weekend. I am excited to see him again when he is crawling all over the place.

Wendi said...

Cal is a beautiful baby, and no mistake (although truth be told as Friend to Animals and Babies everywhere I think that all babies are adorable, and especially the Foster set, of course).

I can't wait to see all of the gorgeous Foster children this summer, as well as their parents / grandparents / aunts / uncles / etc. What a smørgasbørd of baby toes it will be for me! ;-D

Dad said...

Angie, let me add my words of amazement as how cute Cal is. He is so good natured. (most of the time at least.) He certainly is changing, almost as we speak. I couldn't believe the difference since I saw him last. Seeing him figure out how to get from point A to point B is just a treat to watch. It is the same thing when they start to talk and put words and then phrases together into some sort of coherent sentence. Only you will be able to interpret for a while!! You guys are in for a treat as every day it is something new and with Cal it is the very first time for you two....it never ceases to be a joy, but the first one is special for sure since it is the first time for everything.

You are doing such a good job of noting all the things he does for the first time. Keep it up while you can. It will be harder and harder to do that. Just ask Megan or Drew or even Adam how many pictures we have of them versus Matt and Mark.

We just really enjoyed seeing you guys. I am thinking about Jeff today and praying he will do well on the boards.

We love you guys,

Mickey

Mark said...

Gotta love little Callahan. A picture perfect baby. Can't wait to see you all in a few weeks!

Tyler said...

Angie,

Cal is a handsome child, no doubt. I cannot believe how much different he looks than when we saw him at Christmas time. Max has already changed a ton since he was born and he is not even a month old.

Keep being great parents and he'll be prepared to achieve great things in his life. Isn't it amazing to ponder on where this child that you have brought into the world might end up?

So much potential in a tiny, cute package.

Megan said...

Oh my gosh you have one cute kid. don't let him grow up to fast!!!