Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cal's Treasures

Thank goodness for random objects that unexpectedly keep your kids' attention during a whole day! For example, I picked this little red box up at a yard sale for 50 cents. Guess what! Cal thinks it's the greatest thing ever. He calls it his treasure chest (he's kind of into pirates right now) and he spent all day yesterday carrying it around and stuffing stuff into it. See how hard he's trying to make everything fit?
I thought you might be interested to know what he put in it. It just made me think of being a kid, back when you thought grown-up stuff was so cool. In these pictures he's trying to fit these objects in: a scented candle, an air freshener (what can we say? Our boy likes things to smell good...), a yellow piece from off his bike, a large magnifying glass, a luggage strap, a sippee cup, and an extra change of clothes (a T shirt and pants). The essentials.

5 comments:

BensonFam said...

I think we've got a boy scout in the making here Ang. Water, clothing and a light source.

Emily said...

That is so darling! I only wish I had something that would occupy my boys all day. I especially like the air fresheners and a change of clothes. Hope he's not trying to run away.

Goose said...

Very nice Cal. All those things need to be protected in a nice treasure chest because I hear sippee cups are hot on the black market right now. Good work Cal.

Adam Jensen said...

deck looks great! Don't you love it when your husband bust out skills you never knew they had :) Kyler loves pirates too, funny.

Beckalita said...

At least you know he's not planning on running away from home. If he were he would have included a pair of underpants and frozen french-fries wrapped in aluminum foil.